Deliverability Overview: Start here
You might not know it yet, but your emails and domains might need some fine-tuning. This guide will help you answer questions like:
- What percentage of my emails are bouncing?
- Are my emails ending up in the spam inbox or actually making it into my prospect’s inbox?
Email inboxes and servers are monitored 24/7 by bots. These bots have been designed and programmed to pick up on patterns and connect the dots – they're looking at massive quantities of data and determining whether an email is spam, spammy, or legitimate.
These bots are constantly evaluating many variables, including the following:
This guide is meant to show you exactly how to set up your domains and email addresses to address these bots and maximize your deliverability.
In this guide, we'll walk through the following:
- Setting Up a New Domain (Google and Microsoft)
- Choosing a domain and domain redirection
- What is a DNS record, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC?
- How to set up a DNS record, SPF, DKIM and DMARC for Google
- How to set up a DNS record, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC for Microsoft Office 365
- What is Email Pixel Tracking?
- Creating a profile picture for your email
- How to warm up a new email address
- How to test your deliverability
- Copywriting best practices to increase deliverability
- Have a specific question on deliverability?
If you are using Google for your domain hosting and email, you can watch the following videos to get your technical deliverability set up:
If you are using Microsoft Office 365 for your domain hosting and email, you can watch the following videos to get your technical deliverability set up: