How do I send emails with SMTP?
Set it up
You can connect just about any email address to Mailshake by adding an SMTP mail account.
1. Click Mail Accounts in the left side menu
2. On the Mail Accounts page, click the pink + in the lower right corner of the page.
3. Choose SMTP then click Next
Enter your credentials
4. To connect with SMTP, you'll need the following information:
- Email Address
- Full Name used for sending
- SMTP Host (Server Address) and Port Number
- SMTP Username (this is usually your email address)
- SMTP Password
- IMAP Host (Server Address) and Port Number
- IMAP Username (this is usually your email address)
- IMAP Password
5. Enter in the email address you'll be sending from as well as the "from" name.
6. Enter the SMTP information you've gathered from your mail provider.
6. Enter the IMAP information you've gathered from your mail provider.
7. Click Next. The system will start processing your information and attempt to connect.
I'm receiving an "Internal Error" or "Inbox Checking Settings Incorrect" error message.
Check out this guide for more details: Why am I receiving an "Internal Error" or "Inbox Checking Settings Incorrect" error message when connecting SMTP?
Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange
If you are connecting a Microsoft Exchange account, you may need to expand the "Microsoft Exchange options" section and enter a custom Exchange server. This would look something like my-exchange-server.my-company.com
Test it out
After you've added your mail account, we strongly encourage you to send a test campaign. Create a campaign where you send to a few different email addresses. Sign into your email inbox for those test addresses and reply back. After waiting a few minutes, check your Mailshake campaign again to make sure the replies came through.