Why am I receiving an "Internal Error" or "Inbox Checking Settings Incorrect" error message when connecting SMTP?
When setting up your SMTP connection, it's important to make sure you have the right SMTP and IMAP information in order to establish a connection with your mail provider.
If you're unsure of your SMTP and/or IMAP information, you'll need to reach out to your email provider's support team. Click here for more info.
I'm receiving an "Internal Error" or "Inbox Checking Settings Incorrect" error message
The Internal Error message is a catchall for many errors, but for SMTP this usually means that there's an authentication error. Here's how to try to fix that:
1. Verify your SMTP and IMAP information by contacting your mail provider's support team.
2. Ask your mail provider if you need an App Specific password to connect with third party software (see note below).
If you're still having trouble, reach out to our support team at email@example.com and include the following info in your message so we can troubleshoot:
- Sending Email Address
- Full Name used for sending
- SMTP Host (Server Address) and Port Number
- SMTP Username (this is usually your email address)
- IMAP Host (Server Address) and Port Number
- IMAP Username (this is usually your email address)
Please DO NOT include password information. It's never safe to give out your password to anyone.