How does list cleaning work?
A high number of bounces can hurt the deliverability of your emails. It's generally a good practice to run some kind of email verification tool on your list to help weed out bad email addresses.
While running your list through an email verification tool does significantly reduce the total number of bounces it doesn't guarantee you'll see 0 bounces.
The list cleaning tool works best when your list doesn't contain a bunch of public domain emails (@gmail.com, @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @aol.com ... etc.) Public domain emails will almost always return with an OK result since the public domains typically always send a response when we check even if the specific email isn't working.
How Mailshake's list-cleaning works
After importing a list of recipients, you'll have the option to review your list. To clean your list, click Open List Cleaner.
The cleaning process can take up to 15 minutes to run, so Mailshake will run it in the background while you continue setting up your campaign.
Once list-cleaning is finished, the results will pop up for you to review. You can download the results to a CSV file for further review and you can remove risky and/or bad email addresses from your campaign.
What does Bad and Risky mean?
Risky - An email address is one that has a higher-than-normal risk of bouncing, but it's hard to say for sure if there's a problem. Likely the email can't be verified and may be a "catch-all" email address which can hurt deliverability.
Bad - An email address is almost certain to bounce.
How much does List Cleaning Cost?
Every team gets 5000 free list-cleaning credits upon purchase of an Email Outreach plan or 10,000 credits of a Sales Engagement plan. 1 credit means you can run email verification on 1 address. After that, you can purchase 5,000 credits at a time for $10.
Here's an example:
- Your team has 500 free credits left
- You upload a list of 2,000 recipients
- Your team will be asked to pay $10 to buy 5,000 credits (since you don't have enough to cover 2,000 recipients)
- Your 500 free credits will be used up, as will 1,500 of your purchased credits
- Your team will have 3,500 credits left
Here are answers to some common questions:
- Purchases of credits are non-refundable
- Credits don't expire and anyone on your team can use leftover credits
- Running the list cleaner does NOT guarantee you won't see any bounces.