How do I use tasks to automate my sales engagement?
A powerful sales engagement strategy includes email and other tasks such as social media connections and phone calls. The Mailshake Sales Engagement Plan makes it easy for you to automate the scheduling of these tasks, so there's less for you to keep track of and more time for you to engage with opportunities.
For example, you may want to add in additional touchpoints to engage with your prospects, such as connecting on Linkedin or making a phone call to the prospect. A successful sales engagement strategy usually consists of 7-10 touchpoints that include a combination of emails plus social media and phone call tasks.
Importing fields for Tasks
One of the benefits of Mailshake Tasks is that you can import phone numbers and social media URLs for easy dialing and one-click access to social media profiles.
To correctly import these fields, you'll need to confirm the columns or fields are mapped to the correct Mailshake fields on the Import Mapping step (this applies to both CSV Import and Import from App options).
Note: Once imported, fields cannot be remapped. You'll want to make sure that you map the correct fields when importing. If you need to change fields, you'll need to delete the list and import again. Click here for more details.
You can create different types of tasks in your sequence. When creating your sequence, click the pink plus button, then select "Task" from the options to add a task. You will have the option to select if you want to add a social media, phone call, or general task.
Type of tasks:
- Social message: This will make your sales sequence easier by letting you connect or contact your prospect by just clicking the link added on your CSV file. The interaction with the prospect's social media needs to be manually done.
- Linkedin task: You can create messages, connections, follow up, or view profile tasks.
- Phone call: The phone calls will appear on your open tasks and dialer by when the call needs to be done; you can also add a phone script.
- General Task: Any other type of interaction or helpful notes you want to add.
After adding the tasks, you will be able to select a delay of when you want the task to be done by clicking on the Pink Plus Button above the task. If no delay is added, the task will be shown as open after the previous email or task is completed.
Where to find your open tasks
To look at your open tasks, you will want to go to the campaign tab and then click on Open Tasks. From there, you will be able to filter the type of task you want to look at and complete the task.
Creating Linkedin tasks
You can now add different types of LinkedIn tasks to your Mailshake sequences. Once the LinkedIn tasks appear in your Open Tasks, you'll be able to copy any text with the click of a button and paste it directly into LinkedIn.
Here is an explanation of the new type of tasks:
- Message – Start a conversation with a prospect
- Connection Request – Invite a prospect to connect.
- Follow/Unfollow – Start or stop following a prospect.
- View Profile – View a prospect's LinkedIn profile.