How to use the Salesforce integration
Salesforce CRM Integration
Syncing to Salesforce
When syncing to Salesforce, there are two types of “People” records - Leads and Contacts. You can only sync ONE type per CRM integration instance. Each team may use these differently.
- Contact - A contact has limited functionality. We can create them with our first-class data and sync over events.
- Lead - A lead has a “status” where we can move the lead through additional stages.
Events are created as “Task” objects in Salesforce EXCEPT for emails. Email “Sent” and “Replied” events are created as “Email” objects in salesforce and contain the email body.
Lead Stage Options in Mailshake
Using the Add Reaction dropdown, you can update Lead statuses based on activities that happen in Mailshake.
Lead Stages in Salesforce
Mailshake will use the Lead Stages you have in Salesforce when you're syncing to Leads.
Importing to Mailshake
When importing to Mailshake you can import the following types of Salesforce records:
For Contacts and Leads, Salesforce only support a One Time Import. For Campaigns, you can keep the import running in the background so that any campaign records you add in Salesforce will continue to be added to the Mailshake campaign.
- Pull from list/Select Campaign - Use this dropdown to select the list of contacts or leads, or the campaign you wish to pull records from
- Only pull contacts from this owner - You can choose to import all or just from a select owner. If you need to import from multiple owners, you'll want to create another import once you've set up the campaign by going to the Lists tab.
- Timeline - For Contacts and Leads, one-time imports are supported. For Salesforce Campaigns, you can choose between One Time import and Keep running in the background to continuously import records from Salesforce.
- How far back to look? - By default, Mailshake will pull as early as possible, but you can set a date in the past to only import certain records.
- Name this import - We recommend naming this import so it's easier for you to know what is being pulled. This is helpful when you're going back to review your imports and or if you need to import more data.