Unexpected open or click statistics
Mailshake tracks when your recipients open or click links in your emails. Our system has built in safeguards to prevent false opens and clicks. There are some scenarios where this tracking may be slightly skewed however.
Opens are low:
- For an open to be tracked your recipient's mail client must display images
- In rare situations spam filters can strip out open tracking
- If you're using a custom tracking domain, opens would not be logged if your DNS records weren't working correctly for a period of time
- Due to Apple's recent updates if your prospect opens your email using apple mail an open won't be reported.
Clicks are low:
- Currently Mailshake will not automatically translate link text into links for you. To properly set up a link, you must select the text in your email and click the icon and paste in your link.
- If you're using a custom tracking domain, clicks would not be logged if your DNS records weren't working correctly for a period of time
- Have you opened sent messages in Gmail or your mail client? Open-tracking won't distinguish from you opening the email versus your recipient opening it.
- In some cases mail clients that automatically preview or pre-fetch messages for display can trigger opens
- Aggressive spam filters may open images to check for malware
- Have you clicked links in your own sent messages?
- Aggressive spam filters may automatically click links when looking for malware
- In rare cases, mail clients may pre-fetch links to make email previewing faster