Unexpected open or click statistics
If you're not already using customized link tracking, check that out now because it's important for preventing being marked as spam.
Mailshake tracks when your recipients open or click links in your emails. There are some scenarios where this tracking isn't 100% accurate.
Opens are low:
- For an open to be tracked your recipient's mail client must display images
- In rare situations spam filters can strip out open tracking
- If you're using a custom tracking domain, opens would not be logged if your DNS records weren't working correctly for a period of time
Clicks are low:
- Currently Mailshake will not automatically translate link text into links for you. To properly set up a link, you must select the text in your email and click the icon and paste in your link.
- If you're using a custom tracking domain, clicks would not be logged if your DNS records weren't working correctly for a period of time
- Have you opened sent messages in Gmail or your mail client? Open-tracking won't distinguish from you opening the email versus your recipient opening it.
- In some cases mail clients that automatically preview or pre-fetch messages for display can trigger opens
- Aggressive spam filters may open images to check for malware
- Have you clicked links in your own sent messages?
- Aggressive spam filters may automatically click links when looking for malware
- In rare cases, mail clients may pre-fetch links to make email previewing faster